Level I classification
- Before the start of the season the “level I” coach must send to the level I statistician the "player profile" of all players and justify any change compared to the previous season. These changes must be accepted by the review panel.
- Evaluations will be held at the beginning of the season to determine a player’s profile as follows:
- A new player who has never played in TFIM.
- A player returning to TFIM after an absence of at least a year and whose latest profile was less than 4.0.
- The evaluation must be held before she plays her first match. Fees will apply for the evaluation to cover the costs of the pros and the courts.
- All players with a profile of 4.5+, or any new player who has been assigned a profile of 4.5+ through evaluation at the start of the season, may be subject to a change in her profile after one cycle of matches. All requests for evaluation must be made by a pro and sent to the statistician who will follow-up with the consulting committee.
- A new level I player whose profile is 4.5+ and who is tagged as "under observation" will play on courts 1 and 2 during the first cycle of matches. This information will be communicated to the concerned pro by the statistician. Once the first cycle of matches is complet and it has been understood the player retains her profile, the court restrictions no longer apply.
REGISTRATION of A NEW TEAM:
- The CA reserves the right to review a team application before acceptance (AGA 2015)
- Any new teams that wants to register in level I, must have at least one player with a 4.5 profile or higher on its list of players. If the qualifying player is new to TFIM, she must be present at the FIRST evaluation held by TFIM before the beginning of the season in order to determine her profile. Otherwise the team will not be accepted by TFIM.
NOTE: Registration of a player with a 5.0 or 5.5 profile: She must be registered at least 7 days prior to playing her first match. (AGA 2017)