Who can play in this league?
The minimum age to participate in the league is 19, reached during the current year i.e. between June 1st and May 31st. The player must register before October 31st of the current season and will not be allowed to play until she reaches the designated age.
- A player registering to be a member of TFIM must be a member of the club that she represents. Each club determines who is a member of its club.
- To register a team, each club must send, when requested, a list of a minimum of 10 players. A revised & official list of players must be presented at the first captains' meeting along with a check for the players’ membership fees to confirm this team for the season. Failure to send a confirmation will result in the cancellation of the team for the season.
- There are five levels within TFIM: I, II, III, IV and V. Players are grouped according to their ability, level I being the strongest.
- Classification (level) It is the club pro’s responsibility to direct players to the appropriate level according to their caliber of play (Player profiles)
However, a player cannot return after an absence to a higher level. (Sept 2019)
- The Board reserves the option to change the level of a player, if they believe that her classification is unsuitable for the level.
- Player Profile: See on the website tfimtennis.org. Player profiles 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 and 5.5 can be found under i/ RULES/player PROFILE.
- See Level I classification for more particularities of that level.
The league has introduced rules and player profiles so that each individual can change level as needed.
To move up please go to the Moving up. section
If moving down, a case study is an automatic. please go to to section down a level. If the player has the profile to remain, a written request must be made justifying it and sent to the statistician of the level in which the player is registered.
Request for level change: The "Case Study" form must be completed and sent to the statistician before April 15th of the current season.
- The pro may make a request for an evaluation in the name of a player who has reached the « player profile » of the higher level. The "Case Study" form must be completed and sent to the statistician by April 15 of the current season.
- To willingly go down a level, a written request must be sent by the player to the statistician of her current level. The coach must indicate that she no longer has the "player profile" of her current level. The request will be processed at the next board meeting to determine whether a change is warranted.