Post season series
- Hits: 5957
Preliminary rounds & final (2020)
- The same "rules of competition" followed during the regular season apply throughout.
- The teams are ranked according to the results attained during the regular season. An even number of teams play in the post season series. EX: in a level having 19 teams, only the first 18 teams play for the gold medal. LOOK up "How positions are decided in the standings".
- The team with the highest standing is always the receiving team. If its club cannot receive due to court availability, then the opposing team receives.
To qualify for the series
- Hits: 3707
Any player registered in the league must have played for her team a minimum of 30% of the teams matches during the regular season to be eligible for the series and finals. A bye does not count and must be excluded from the total number of matches. For the player having :
- 20 matches on her schedule, 6 times
- More than 20 matches on her schedule, 7 times
- Only the player with a "5.5" profile (level I) must have played at least 30% of the matches for which she is allowed to participate. (AGM 2019) See Special rule for level 1.
Note: A match lost by retiring because of an injury does not count in the number of times played for both partners. See Rule on retired match.
- Hits: 2128
The finals will be played on the same day, at the same club, for all levels. The Administrative Committee of TFIM will choose this club.
The host club for the finals must allow the finalists one round of practice of two hours during the week preceding the finals. The host club sets the practice time.
During the finals, TFIM will employ professional referees for each court. In case of need, a player whose team is not competing in the finals can be a referee.