#1 goal is not winning
In the following article from the book Maximum Tennis, the famous tennis coach Nick Saviano explains in details why he thinks that winning is not the number-one goal for a tennis player. Please read on by clicking on:
These basic recommendations are to introduce a level 4 player to competition, they are integral to their development. Keep in mind, there are different degrees of integration of these recommendations in all levels.
- Respect yourself, your opponent, your team and your coach.
- Know and understand all the rules involved in the game of tennis.
- Know and apply the code of ethics.
- Learn to collaborate and be implicated with your team.
- Manage stress related to competition, learn to focus on the process and not on the result.
- Learn to give your best during a practice so you can then apply it during a game.
- Demystify all Levels and the means to attain the higher Level. Understand the objectives of Interclub. Have fun while giving your best.
The Winning formula
The winning formula to become a complete and performing athlete: T2P2
Do you really know what it takes to be a complete and performing athlete? Do you know what is needed to get quality performance on a regular basis? The answer is quite simple: T2P2. The following four (4) major aspects need to be developed and maintained: