Code of Ethics
- Read carefully the PLAYERS GUIDE FOR MATCHES WITHOUT REFEREES.
- Procedure in case of problems during a match:
- The players try to solve the problem by recalling the events.
- If the players cannot solve the problem they ask the two captains to intervene.
- If there is disagreement, the captains submit the problem to the club pro.
- Club professionals cannot settle a conflict on the court without the permission of the captains involved.
- Coaches or other spectators are prohibited from coaching during a match.
- Complaints must be submitted by completing the Complaint's form found on the Tenniscores website under the FORMULAIRES tab.
- The TFIM board of Directors concerning will only consider complaints regarding a derogation of TFIM rules or the Code of Ethics and received through Tenniscores. A sanction against the designated player or team may result.
Serious complaints are divided into two categories:
- Lack of respect towards one or more players.
- Lack of respect for the Code of Regulations.
When the Board determines that the situation is serious, the following consequences will be imposed:
1st offense, Yellow Code: Warning, and letter is sent to the player concerned, the captain, to the coach, and to the pro responsible for TFIM.
The 2nd and 3rd offenses must be in the same category (A or B).
2nd offense of the same category A. or B. Code Orange : Suspension for 3 matches, and letter sent to the player concerned, the captain, the coach, the pro responsible of TFIM and the management of the club.
3rd offense of the same category A. or B. Red Code: Board meeting; suspension for the season or prohibition for the player to be a member of TFIM. Letter sent to the player concerned, the captain, the coach, the pro responsible of TFIM and the management of the club.
NOTE: The captain is an example to her players and must see to the well-being and respect of the rules, her team and her opponents. For these important reasons, if the offense charged relates to a captain, that captain could be removed from her captaincy. Another player will have to be named in her place.