Code of Ethics
- Read carefully the PLAYERS GUIDE FOR MATCHES WITHOUT REFEREES.
- Procedure in case of problems during a match:
- The players try to solve the problem by recalling the events.
- If the players cannot solve the problem they ask the two captains to intervene.
- If there is disagreement, the captains submit the problem to the club pro.
- Club professionals cannot settle a conflict on the court without the permission of the captains involved.
- Coaches or other spectators are prohibited from coaching during a match.
- Complaints must be submitted by completing the Complaint's form found on the Tenniscores website under the FORMULAIRES tab.
- The TFIM board of Directors concerning will only consider complaints regarding a derogation of TFIM rules or the Code of Ethics and received through Tenniscores. A sanction against the designated player or team may result.
- After receiving a complaint, the complainant and the accused are notified.
- The Board will address this issue at the next regular meeting of the Board.
- The persons concerned will be informed by letter of the decision and / or the consequence.
- Read Consequences
Any situation that has occurred on or off the court and which goes against the values of TFIM and the Code of Ethics of Tennis, may result in a complaint. After analysis and according to the seriousness of the situation, the board of directors reserves the right to apply a consequence towards the person (s) or club (s) involved.
Serious complaints are divided into two categories:
- Lack of respect towards one or more players, a coach, a person responsible for TFIM or a club (team, establishment).
- Lack of respect for the Code of Regulations (TFIM, Tennis Canada)
When the Board determines that the situation is serious or grave, the following consequences will be imposed:
- Reprimand (may be applied as a first offense, depending on the seriousness of the alleged acts)
- Suspension of matches
- Suspension of TFIM (a duration can be determined)
- Warning and letter sent to the person responsible for TFiM, the coach, the captain and the player concerned.
- Reprimand is a more severe consequence than a warning and letter sent to the person responsible for TFiM, the coach, the captain and the player concerned.
- Suspension of matches (number determined by the Board of Directors) and letter sent to the person responsible for TFiM, the coach, the captain, the player concerned, and the club management.
- Suspension of TFIM: Meeting of the Board, (Suspension for the season or prohibition for the player to be a member of TFIM). Letter sent to the person responsible for TFiM, the coach, the captain, the player concerned and the club management.
* A complaint may also be for both categories. A double sanction could then be applied.
** The captain is an example to her players and must see to the well-being and the respect of the rules by her team and her opponents. For these important reasons, if the offense charged relates to a captain, that captain could be removed from his captaincy. Another player will have to be named in her place.
*** A captain who does not fulfill her role during an altercation covered by both categories may receive a warning letter sent to her coach, the person responsible for TFiM and club management.
**** A gradation of the consequences will be made for a person when 2 or more complaints concerning the same category.