I hope that you are taking advantage of the beautiful weather that we are having and that you are playing a lot of tennis!
We are working hard to get the 2020-21 season started. Yes, we will have an interclub season and it will start in September. Our first matches are scheduled on September 24th and 25th. Obviously, it will be a bit different, but haven't we demonstrated over the last few months that we could get used to virtually anything?
We have been asked by Tennis Québec to take part in a committee to ensure that indoor women's double can be played safely. Therefore, our recommendations are approved by Tennis Quebec and are in line with public health measures. The safety measures are in place, it is, however, your responsibility to respect them!
Health and safety measures can differ slightly from one club to the next, but you will find hereunder general measures:
- A mask must be worn at all times when circulating in the clubs
- The mask can be removed on the court
- Washing /disinfection of the hands when entering the club
- Temperature will be taken (in some clubs)
- Circulation must follow the arrows on the ground
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- Avoid the use of the locker rooms. Showers can be used if really necessary
- No towel service
- Bring a water bottle, the vending machines are not available
- Resting/public areas are not accessible
- No spectators allowed either in the club or on the courts (some clubs)
- Do not arrive too much ahead of time and do not wander around the club
- The use of plastic score cards will be forbidden
- Bring your own hand sanitizer, mask and towel
We will unfortunately have to embrace this new COVID reality! I am, however, convinced that we can compete and have fun, while social distancing. If professional players can play without spectators, so can we!
The captains' meeting will take place on September 14th. Your captains will get all the details of the upcoming season (at least the part that we know) at that time and will share them with you afterwards.
Looking forward to seeing you with your masks!
Until then, stay in shape and more importantly, stay healthy!