I hope you are doing well and playing lots of doubles outdoors!
As we have not had an Interclub season and large gatherings are still prohibited in the Montreal area, we will not hold our Annual General Meeting as scheduled on June 7, 2021. However, I will highlight the main points of the agenda.
Statement of Operations (Annex 1)
If you look at the Income Statement, you will see that we have no "REVENUE" for the 2020-21 season. We have refunded in full the "Membership Club" fee and the "Player Membership" fee. In addition, there were no Finals, and we did not solicit any advertisement for our booklet.
On the "EXPENSE" side, there is nothing unusual except the "Bank Charges" that are slightly higher than usual. You have to understand that we have made a lot of refund cheques! We held evaluation sessions in August-September 2020 and incurred some expenses –court rental, payment of pros. Otherwise, you will find the usual expenses of running TFIM.
Appointment of the Auditor for 2021-2022
Ms. Anne-Marie Sofio of Boily Handfield has agreed to act as Auditor General for the upcoming season. The price will still be $ 500, but we can expect an increase for the following year.
Ratification of regulations
General Rules of TFIM
- Proposal of the Committee average to change level at a min of 60% to be approved by the Board (August 2020)
- Amendment regulation "defeat by withdrawal" (August 2020)
- Amendment regulation "power outage" (August 2020)
ARTICLE 17: An amendment has been proposed to modify the term of the new directors elected to the board of TFIM.
It is proposed that the new directors be elected for a term of two years, renewable for another two-year term unless the latter does not wish to return.
After two consecutive terms of two years, if a director wishes to renew her mandate, she will have to go to election if other potential directors are interested in the position.
The Board voted FOR in majority with ONE abstention (May 2021). By introducing a term, the Board wants to give the opportunity to other members to join the TFIM Board or any other committee.
Elections of board members
All members of the Board of Directors have agreed to continue or renew their terms for another season. However, if you wish to get involved, let us know by email. It will be possible to be part of special committees (finals, Facebook…).
Meeting of the Board of Directors
Although we did not have an official season, board members continued to meet virtually and work on different projects (6 meetings for the 2020-21 season). Here are the main lines of our plans, decisions, etc.:
- Preparation for the 2020-21 season
- Captains' meeting (face-to-face limit of 40 people and video conference)
- Covid Committee - very busy from June to December 2020, as we hoped to be able to resume our 2020-21 Interclub season at any time.
- Governance: plan developed to structure and facilitate the succession within TFIM. Face-to-face meetings are on the agenda and will take place as soon as public health allows it.
- Decision to refund all members and club owners for the 2020-21 season. Balls and booklets will have to be kept for the next season.
- Relaunch of TFIM – ideally face-to-face (when public health allows it)
- Facebook site (Tennis Féminin Interclub de Montréal); an ad-hoc committee has been created under the responsibility of Barbara Baudinet and Sylvie Murphy.
We are meeting in July to prepare the upcoming season. Until then, keep playing friendly games and check out our website and our new Facebook site to stay in touch with your teammates and opponents. Also, do not hesitate to talk about the Interclub to your friends who may not yet be aware of this wonderful organization.
Looking forward to seeing you in top shape and vaccinated soon!