Who can play in this league?
The minimum age to participate in the league is 19, reached during the current year i.e. between June 1st and May 31st. The player must register before October 31st of the current season and will not be allowed to play until she reaches the designated age. Junior players are excluded from the league.
- A player registering to be a member of TFIM must be a member of the club that she represents. Each club determines who is a member of its club.
- To register a team, each club must send, when requested, a list of a minimum of 10 players. A revised & official list of players must be presented at the first captains' meeting along with a check for the players’ membership fees to confirm this team for the season. Failure to send a confirmation will result in the cancellation of the team for the season.
- Registration of a new team:
- The CA reserves the right to review a team application before acceptance (AGA 2015).
- Level 1 : All new Level 1 teams must have at least one player with a profile of 4.5 or higher on their team list. If the qualifying player is new to TFIM, she must be present at the FIRST evaluation held by TFIM before the beginning of the season in order to determine her profile otherwise the team may not be valid.
- Every player must be registered on the official list signed by the club pro and submitted at the first captain’s meeting to be allowed to play. Afterwards she can be added to the official list when requested by her captain and must have the authorization of the statistician of her level to play.
NOTE: Registration of a player with a 5.0 or 5.5 profile must be done at least 7 days prior to playing her first match. (AGA 2017)
- The deadline to register a player is October 31st of the current TFIM season.
- A registered player who has played once for a team can only play for that team during the season. A player who substitutes once for a team in a superior level is considered a member of that club’s teams and cannot play for another club during the same season.
- There are five levels within TFIM: I, II, III, IV and V. Players are grouped according to their ability, level I being the strongest.
- It is the club pro's responsibility to direct new players to the appropriate level according to her caliber of play. SEE the Criteria used for TFIM.
- Any new player wanting to join the Level 1 shall be assessed by the coach of her team or pro responsible in her club in addition to our TFIM pro consultant. See Level I classification for more particularities.
- The Administrative Committee reserves the option to change the level of a player if it estimates that the player’s caliber is unsuitable to the level.
- Refer to the section Moving up.
- Refer to section down a level.
- To request a change of levels:
- The pro may make a request for an evaluation in the name of a player who has reached the « player profile » of the higher level. The "Case Study" form must be completed and sent to the statistician by April 15 of the current season.
- To go down a level, a written request must be sent by the player to the statistician of her current level. The coach must indicate that she no longer has the "player profile" of her current level. The request will be processed at the next board meeting to determine whether a change is warranted.