Each team nominates a captain to be their representative at the captains' meetings. Pros playing in TFIM cannot be captain. The captain must have a current email address.
- Have an email address and have access to the tfimtennis.org website. Register as a member on this site to have a username and password. Read all the information concerning How to in Tenniscores.
- Attend all captains' meetings or send a delegate from her team with written proxy to vote.
- Hand out the TFIM booklet to each member of her team and make sure they know the content.
- Inform her teammates of all activities, various changes and new rules.
- Monitor her team’s and her player’s statistics.
At the first captain’s meeting:
- Bring the legible form “List of players”, approved and signed by the club pro responsible for TFIM.
- Submit a cheque that corresponds to the number of players on the “List of players”. The cheque should be made to the order of "TENNIS FÉMININ INTERCLUB MONTRÉAL".
At the beginning of the season:
- Verify the match schedule. Pay particular attention to clubs that host at a different time than normal; warn the players accordingly. A "bye" means that the team is not playing that day.
- Verify that all of her team’s players are registered by the October 31st deadline.
- Notify the opposing captain if you do not have a full line-up. SEE default.
- A substitute player must be added to the team’s roster in Tenniscores, under (S) for substitute, before the match. See Tenniscores/Replacing
- 10 MINUTES prior to the start of the match the receiving captain (or designated co-captain) enters the names of all players on the official score sheet. A closed line-up prevails. Ensure that names are clearly written.
- The receiving captain (or designated co-captain) must provide the balls supplied by the league.
- Upon completion of the match ensure that the score sheet is signed by both captains and sent by fax, email or other on the same day, PRIOR TO 3 PM, to the statistician of her level.
- It is the receiving captain’s responsibility to ensure the results are entered on the Tenniscores site by the end of match day.
- It is the visiting captain’s responsibility to verify whether the results were entered accurately on the Tenniscores site within 48 hours after the match.
- It is both captains’ responsibility to advise the statistician of their level if a mistake is discovered. Any mistake discovered should be identified before the following match. Changes cannot be made thereafter. Please make sure the player’s names are exact as well as the scores.
At the end of the season:
- Verify the eligibility of the players on her team for the playoffs according to the rules of the league.
- Verify her team players’ statistics and check with her level’s statistician on their behalf.
- See that the appropriate forms are sent before April 15th of the current year “To Whom It May Concern”, regarding the “Sportsmanship award”. The same if a player requests a change of level. These forms are available on the tfimtennis.org website under “Captains”.