Interested in holding a position on the executive committee? Positions and roles are listed here. Please send an email to the president and or the secretary stating your abilities and interest in which position. The AGM is held on the first Monday in June of each year at which positions are filled. The members are elected for a 2 year mandat.
June 4, 2018: meeting of the General Assembly (AGM)
May 28, 2018: Deadline for a nomination.
Three members of the 2017-18 Council are stepping down. The recruitment campaign is launched. Pass the message to your teammates. You do not need to have been a captain; you must be a TFIM member during the year you sit on the Board.
To understand the functioning of TFIM read the articles in general regulations p.34 to 41 of the booklet. Here are some of them:
Article 10: Members in good standing of TFIM wishing to sit on the Board must send a request to the secretary of TFIM within 5 working days (May 28, 2018) prior to the AGM. Advocating that there are not enough nominations for the number of positions available, the AGM will accept nominations made at the AGM at the time of the elections.
Article 13.4: Elections are by secret ballot.
Article 16: List of Administrators p.37 or on the Site (CA)
Article 17: stipulates that the term of office of each director is two years and that 50% of the members are elected in even years and the rest in odd years. The Level V Officer is appointed for a 1 year position.
Article 25: The Officers of TFIM are: president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer.
Article 26: Officers are elected by and among Council members at the suspension of the AGM.
In an election, captains vote for interested members to sit on the Board of Directors when there are more nominations than the number of positions to be filled. At the AGM, there is a suspension of the assembly for the positions to be formally distributed.
|President||Claudette Zizian||role of the president|
|Vice-president||Nadia Bernucci||role of the vice-president|
|Vice-president||Julie Kelertas||special project|
|Secretary||Anne-Catherine Bleau||role of the secretary|
|Treasurer||Danielle Laforest||role of the treasurer|
|Statistician Level I||Nathalie Dumais||role of statistician|
|Statistician Level II||Patricia Smith||idem|
|Statistician Level III||Michelle Aubé||idem|
|Statistician Level IV||Monique Liauzu||idem|
|Responsible for Level V||Betty Jansen||Role of the level V chairperson|
|Webmaster||Raymonde Babin||role of webmaster|
|Consulting professional||coaches committee||role of consulting pro|
The President is the official spokesperson of TFIM.
Role of the President:
- Chair all Board meetings and captain's meetings and the AGM.
- Prepare the agenda of all meetings with the assistance of the secretary and ensure that notices are sent on time.
- And in cooperation with the secretary, make corrections to the minutes before sending to members.
- Sign all the final versions of minutes.
- Sign with the treasurer all checks.
- Sign any other document requiring her signature.
Role of Vice-President:
The role of the vice president is mainly to assist the President in her work. She must be involved, if necessary, in all cases directed by the President and be an active support, in some cases.
It is important that the Vice President familiarizes herself adequately with the responsibilities of the chair so that she can replace the President if she is absent and possibly (but not necessarily) take over when the President completes her mandate.
The Vice-President should also take over or supervise some important issues such as; the organization of the finals, maintain relationships with sponsors, Ladies Day at the Rogers Cup, etc.
Rôle de la secrétaire:
Le rôle de la secrétaire est de veiller à ce que les documents, convocations, procès-verbaux et formulaires soient à jour.
Sa présence aux réunions du CA, des capitaines, et de l’AGA est donc très importante et nécessaire.
Début de saison :
- Préparer et envoyer les documents nécessaires aux pro-responsables des clubs pour l’inscription de leurs équipes et capitaines. (Trousse des pro)
- Préparer et envoyer les documents nécessaires aux capitaines de tous les niveaux pour l’inscription de leurs joueuses.
- Mettre et tenir à jour la liste des coordonnées des capitaines et des pro-responsables et entraîneurs des clubs.
- Préparation et mise à jour de formulaires au besoin.
Role of Treasurer:
The Treasurer is responsible for controlling the money; the inputs and outputs. She is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records which enable her to prepare the required financial reports. The register is available anytime on request to members of TFIM.
Beginning of the season:
- Collect and submit membership fees from players and clubs.
- Prepare budget.
During the regular season:
- Record financial transactions.
- Prepare checks.
- Manage expense accounts of members of the executive.
- Maintain the relationship with the bank.
- Perform banking transactions.
- Reconcile the bank account.
- Maintain the relationship with the auditor for the annual report.
- Make the annual report to the Enterprise Register.
- Attend all executive meetings of TFIM.
Rôle de la statisticienne:
Le rôle de la statisticienne est d’assurer le lien entre les capitaines, leurs joueuses et le CA de TFIM. Elle doit prévoir assister aux réunions du CA, des capitaines, des statistiques et de l’AGA.
Début de saison :
- Inscrire les nouvelles joueuses et les entrer dans Tenniscores.
- Vérifier les CRAs et s'assurer que les capitaines ont mis leur liste de joueuses à jour.
- Aider les nouvelles capitaines à se familiariser avec Tenniscores.
Level V chairperson
- Contact the pros of TFIM from different tennis clubs to ensure that there will be a level V.
- Ensure clubs pay their dues.
- Determine, in co-operation with the coaches, which days the club can receive in order to create a match schedule.
- Provide the balls of matches according to the number of predetermined matches.
- Supply the score sheets.
- Establish contact with the captain, if there is one, so that she can send us the score sheets to see how the matches take place.